At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We’re makers, inventors, and leaders who aren’t afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
This internship program arms to give a full knowledge of subsea equipment engineering processes through individual engineering tasks and projects. Through this program, with support from experienced engineers of Vietnam Engineering Center, interns will learn and apply the followings to engineering works:
– Engineering design processes for subsea products.
– Design calculation for subsea equipment, test & lifting equipment.
– Factory Acceptance Test & Operation manual for subsea tree system.
– Subsea Tree P&ID.
– Welding, coating & NDE for subsea equipment.
– Engineering drawings & management: 3D model design (using Creo), details & assembly drawing, TeamCenter, etc.
– Application of GD&T
– Materials selection, Corrosion protection.
– Management of Change in engineering design & Quality control.
– Model Base Definition: finding & fixing errors.
In addition to these technical skills, working with global teams will be an excellent opportunity to improve communication skills and teamwork spirit.
Complete the training plan & study all subjects assigned by Lead engineers and Engineering Manager.
Applied learnt knowledge to real works under instructions of the task/project focal point engineers and Engineering Manager.
Complete a final report of your understanding on Subsea Engineering Design process with related requirements and skills at each step in the process at the end of the program and present to management team.
– 5th year student or those who have graduated for less than 12 months from a technical university or undergraduate of a Master Degree – mechanical background is preferable.
– Good knowledge of and able to use engineering software (such as Creo, AUTOCAD, Solidworks) in engineering design.
– Proficient in computer skills and Microsoft Office Suite products i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook Mail
– Good math skills for engineering calculation & strong analytical aptitude.
– Proficient in written and spoken English.
– Ability to think logically and attention to details.
– Creativity – Openness to new ideas, cross-cultural competence and presentation skills
– Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
– Ability to energize, develop, and build rapport with all levels within the organization.
To support Interns, Company will provide allowance of:
+ 5,000,000VND per month for University graduates and
+ 6,500,000 VND per month for Master interns
+ 8,000,000VND for Master intern with more than 1 year of full-time employment.
Interns will join all company activities such as team buildings, wellbeing, etc. during their program.
Most of Interns who joined previous programs have been employed since they completed their programs. Vietnam Engineering Center has been under development and there could be more opportunities opened for Interns.
GE Vietnam Oil & Gas Company Limited office:
Unit 5.01 Floor 5, Viettel Building, 285 CMT8, district 10, HCMC.
From Dec 2019 to June 2020.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Project Customer & Design Support Engineer
Vietnam Engineering Center
Oil Field Equipment
M: +84 937 601 154
Unit 5.01, 5th Floor, Lobby A2, Viettel Building A, 285 CMT8 Str, Distric 10, HCM City, Vietnam