Resilient and Intelligent Control for Cyber-Physical Mobile Robot Networks
Several PhD positions are available at the NRSL (Networked Robotic System Laboratory) in NCKU (National Cheng Kung University), Tainan, Taiwan. Candidates with background in automatic control, robotics, dynamical system theory, and/or applied mechatronics will receive special consideration.
The successful candidates will receive a competitive scholarship and research assistantship including tuition waiver and stipend. The scholarship and research assistantship are yearly based and can be automatically renewed if the candidate’s performance is atisfactory.
The successful candidates will participate in and continue our well-established control systems for mobile robots. The research directions include control of coordination, cooperation, and human-robot interaction for grounded mobile robots, mobile manipulators, and aerial quadrotors.
– Relevant degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or related area,
– Strong background in control systems, robotics, and mechatronics,
– Strong programming skills in C/C++, MATLAB, and Python,
– Proficient oral and written English skills.
To apply, contact Prof. Liu (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a single PDF file including:
– Cover Letter describing background, experience, motivation, and publication,
– CV including 3 references, and
– Transcripts and diplomas of the applicant’s bachelor and/or master studies.
Closing date for applications: January 15, 2019 or until all positions are filled
Starting date: August 1, 2019
Dr. Yen-Chen Liu
Department of Mechanical Engineering
National Cheng Kung University
1 University Road, Tainan 70101, Taiwan
Tel: +886-6-2757575 ext. 62120